Thursday, September 20, 2007

whoops, sorry

Things didn't work out as planned, regarding getting the posts done. I've had my surgery, spent my 24 hours in the hospital, and I'm home. 6 weeks before I can even think about riding again! I had, apparently, "frozen hip". Usually people get "frozen shoulder". The capsule around the joint contracted and formed scar tissue. It was going to get to the point where I couldn't move my leg at all, so it had to be done. I should be putting the real posts in starting tomorrow. Thanks for the well-wishes!

7 comments:

citydog said...

Yikes! Hope they gave you the good painkillers!

Heal quickly!

colorisnteverything said...

Yeah, I hope they did, too! I can't wait and have a speedy recovery!

Rosie said...

Hope you recover soon!! I do hope they gave you painkillers, otherwise ouch!

moontoad said...

Wonder of all wonders, I'm not in any real pain. I was for the day of and the day after, it woke me a bit during the night, but it's more of a sore feeling than pain. I have a chronic pain condition to boot, so I really thought this was going to be much worse. I'm very happily surprised, to say the least. And yeah, the good drugs help! But I'm taking them primarily for the condition I have, and not so much for the hip. Working on a post now!

Anne said...

I'm glad it went well. Be sure to do the follow-up stuff. If your surgeon recommends physical therapy or whatever please do it.

Speedy healing!

Sola said...

Ouch! I hope you're feeling better soon. :)

Irantfordays said...

Hope you get better moontoad and for those that want similar cranky rants on dogs registries like CKC and so on check me out until moontoad gets back around:

http://rantsfordogs.blogspot.com/